Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Addiction!



A while back I was browsing around online, looking for sew-ons for an upcyle project I had in mind. Well, I found tons of them, along with some of the most fabulously amazing cabs, beads, buttons & other assorted goodies. I had no idea what I was going to do with some of those pretties, particularly the cabs, I just knew I HAD to have some of them, LOL. Especially the Czech glass opals & Fleur de Lis!! After all but abandoning the original project (just saving it for later ;D I played around with different configurations & combinations until I was pleasantly surprised at what I came up with. What followed were assemblages of a sort, morphing into brooches, pendants & rings. Pretty much in that order, as I had some spare pin backs but had to order some supplies for the pendants & rings. The wait quite nearly drove me mad, LOL! Does anyone else find it excruciating waiting for shipments when you have ideas purely burning your brain??

As the additional supplies started to arrive, I found myself devoting more & more time to creating and insanely enough, shopping for more :) Truly, a new addiction! I can't seem to stop. Now I've got to learn how to let some of them go. Easier said than done! I listed 2 of them on Etsy & already sold the Favorite Fleur Ring. Packing it for shipment to it's new home was really rather difficult :( It was the first ring I made. But since I've filled a vintage jewelry box (and then some) with my new creations, and the evil kewpie threatens to swipe several at any second, I REALLY must find them new homes. Then I can get more supplies ;D

xoxo
Holly

1 comment:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

It is so hard to let go of some of the lovelies but how great to know that they are appreciated...called SOLD! Now you can fuel that addiction!